Working at Organic Herb Trading
Organic Herb Trading is a dynamic company with a strong work ethic and the most common reason staff give for staying with us – in some cases for decades - is because they enjoy the supportive working environment. In addition, our benefits package includes an annual profit share, an entry-level health care scheme and staff buying co-operative.
Worldwide opportunities on organic farms (WWOOFING) is a network of national organisations that facilitates the placement of volunteers on organic and ecologically sound farms in over 100 countries around the world.
WWOOFING provides volunteers with first-hand experience of organic principles, enables volunteers to experience life in a rural setting or in different countries whilst helping the host farm with an extra pair of hands.
Organic Herb Trading has always strongly embraced WWOOFING, and over the years, hundreds of volunteers have worked here - some of whom have been back year after year.
We grow over 60 different medicinal plants in our rural two-acre herb field in Milverton, Somerset and WWOOFERS help with all aspects of the running of the herb field from April to September each year. Tasks include:
- Composting and bed forming
- Planting out
- Watering and general maintenance
- Harvesting and processing the herbs
- And of course there is always lots of weeding to be done!
We work in all weathers and it's a full week's work, Monday to Friday, with some early starts in the Summer months. We have a minimum stay of one month.
If you are interesed in WWOOFING at Organic Herb Trading, from April to September we can offer:
- A lot of hard work, getting stuck in and getting your hands dirty. If you are just looking for some exposure to organic farming and sustainable living, then this is definitely not the right role for you!
- The opportunity to work with our accomplished Herb Field manager, Sarah Weston, who is a fantastic organic grower, has a great work ethic and is keen to share her extensive knowledge and expertise.
- Meeting and working alongside like-minded people with a great team spirit.
- Free basic on-site accommodation in your own caravan with fantastic views!
- Basic cooking facilities and a hot shower.
If you would like to find out more about WWOOFING or volunteering with us, please contact HR@organicherbtrading.com for further information or to express your interest.