Working at Organic Herb Trading
Organic Herb Trading is a dynamic company with a strong work ethic and the most common reason staff give for staying with us – in some cases for decades - is because they enjoy the supportive working environment. In addition, our benefits package includes an annual profit share, private medical insurance and staff buying co-operative.
For more than 40 years we have grown, sourced and supplied the UK’s largest range of high-quality botanicals for a diverse range of customers – in the herbal, tea, food, skincare, and medicinal markets. Our customers, based in the UK and worldwide, range from individual practitioners to the most respected global brands including Neal’s Yard Remedies, Riverford Organic and Yeo Valley.
Organic Herb Trading have been growing, sourcing and supplying the UK’s largest supply of organic botanicals for over 40 years. We have a diverse and loyal base of customers including Neal’s Yard Remedies, Yeo Valley and Riverford Organic.
Due to increased production requirements, we are looking for Production Operatives to operate our specialist machinery in line with organic and food safety legislation and our customer requirements. The role will involve following our standard processes to ensure that production is completed efficiently and on time with the guidance of our Head of Operations and Milling Manager. There will be the occasional requirement to support our wider Warehouse team including our Goods In/Goods Out Hub in Wellington.
This is a physically demanding role with a regular requirement to lift loads of up to 25kg, operate specialist machinery and the ability to complete milling tasks whilst wearing personal protective equipment.
The successful candidate must have:
- The ability to regularly lift loads of up to 25kg
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to follow instruction and perform repetitive tasks with accuracy
- The physical capability to operate specialist machinery and work at height
- The ability to work effectively as part of a team to meet production goals and deadlines
- The ability to embrace the health and safety and food culture of the business, following safety protocols and maintain an organised working environment
- A 'can do' attitude
- Good standard of numeracy and literacy
Previous experience within a production environment operating machinery is definitely a bonus, however we look for individuals who are self-motivated team players, reliable and committed to maintaining our high standards.
This role is permanent, working 36.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday (8.30am-4.30pm Monday to Thursday, 8.30am-3.30pm Friday), based at our Milverton HQ in Somerset. We are in a rural location so your own transport is essential.
- 25 days annual leave entitlement (plus Bank Holidays)
- Friendly, supportive team with a welcoming and open communication culture and family-like atmosphere
- Pension, private medical insurance, staff buying cooperative and cycle to work scheme
- Training and Development opportunities
- Free parking
- 5 miles from Taunton and Wellington
- Ethical, environmentally friendly, and socially responsible company
- Fair for Life accredited employer
- Salary: £11.60 per hour rising to £12.00 after a successful 3-month probation period
Please send your CV with covering letter explaining why you think you are suitable for this role to HR@organicherbtrading.com.
Closing date: 9.30am on Wednesday 28th February 2024 however applications will be reviewed as they come in.